Peer Support Groups
Manchester COVID-19 Recovery Peer Support Group
This weekly peer support group is open to people living in Greater Manchester recovering from COVID-19. The group:
- brings together people with shared experiences to support each other
- provides a safe and confidential space where you'll feel accepted and understood
- treat everyone’s experiences as being equally important
- involves both giving and receiving support and top tips
- helps inform health and social care services about what support and services are needed for people living with the long term effects of COVID
The group currently meets online on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 7pm.
A WhatsApp group is also available for people to continue conversations throughout the week.
Expenses are available to support people to join the Peer Support Group online.
If you're interested in joining email email@example.com or text 07702 66 81 69.
Long Covid Support
Long Covid Support was formed by a group of people struggling to recover from Covid-19. They found each other online and have been facilitating international peer support and campaigning in the UK for recognition, rehabilitation and research into treatments since May 2020.
Long Covid Support is a charitable company, registered in the UK, but with affiliations in over 100 countries and territories.
Their website has a range of information and resources about Long COVID for patients, health professionals, employers and researchers.
They also have Facebook support groups: