Getting support aged 26 and over
Stockport Triage Assessment Referral Team (START)
START offer adults aged 26 and over a free confidential service to access alcohol and/or drug support.
The team will talk to you on a one-to-one basis. They'll make sure they understand your needs so they can guide you towards the support or treatment that's best for you. You can also call them if you'd like more information or advice.
The service operates:
- Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm
- Friday from 9am to 4:30pm
- evening appointments are also available
Stockport Drug and Alcohol Service
A free and confidential service for anyone aged 26 and over, who need support to address drug and alcohol issues.
The service is delivered by Pennine Care NHS FT, in collaboration with Intuitive Thinking Skills and Acorn Recovery Project. It provides an integrated provision which includes:
- early intervention
- harm reduction
The service helps you set goals to successfully make changes to your drug and alcohol use.
- prescribing and community detox
- care plan
- group work, providing peer support and peer challenges
- intuitive thinking skills
- one-to-one support
- links to mutual aid groups and wider organisations
- engagement and outreach
- workshops and training sessions
- complimentary therapies
- needle exchanges
- support for family and friends
- education, training and employment
- recovery groups
- specialist onward referrals
- RAMP reduction and motivation programme
Access to the service is through the START team. Call 0161 474 3141.
Find information about getting the right support for you if you're under the age of 26.