Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or if the contraception you have used has failed. For example; a condom has split or you have missed a pill.
There are 2 types of emergency contraception pills that can be taken. They are most effective the sooner you take them.
You can also have an intrauterine device fitted, also known as the IUD or coil.
Visit the Locala Sexual Health Service website if you need advice or more information about contraception.
Free emergency contraception
You can get free emergency contraception from:
Locala Sexual Health Service
1 St. Peter’s Square, Stockport, SK1 1NZ
Call: 0161 549 6111
You can also get emergency contraception from the local pharmacies listed below. Please contact the services and pharmacies directly before visiting as opening times may vary.
- Boots, 47 – 49 Merseyway, Stockport, SK1 1PU. Tel: 0161 480 5424
- Superdrug, 4- 6 Mersey Square, Stockport, SK1 1RA. Tel: 0161 480 3374
- Brinnington Pharmacy, Brinnington Health Centre, Brinnington Road, Stockport, SK5 8BS. Tel: 0161 494 1114
- Well, Unit 5-6 Berwick Parade, Brinnington, Stockport, SK5 8LQ. Tel: 0161 430 3505
- Heald Green Pharmacy, 208 Finney Lane, Heald Green, Stockport, SK8 3QA. Tel: 0161 498 9743
- Boots, 9 Market Street, Marple, Stockport, SK6 7AA. Tel: 0161 427 2033
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 236 Wellington Road South, Stepping Hill, Stockport, SK2 6NW. Tel: 0161 480 3371
- Medichem Pharmacy, 34 / 35 Woodley Precinct, Woodley, Stockport, SK6 1RJ. Tel: 0161 406 6060