Where to find support and information

If you need to talk to someone

If you feel that it would help you to speak to someone directly about your mental wellbeing, these local Stockport services and organisations may be able to help or signpost you to someone who can.

Details of how to do this will be on their website. You may be asked to complete a self-referral form.

The Wellbeing and Self Care Service

The Wellbeing and Self Care Service provides a community link, self-care and engagement service. Practice based Self Care Co-ordinators offer one to one and group work support people who have been diagnosed, or at risk of:

  • long-term conditions
  • who are frequent attendees at their GP Practice
  • who are experiencing loneliness and social isolation

Stockport Healthy Minds

Stockport Healthy Minds can offer support and treatment if you're experiencing symptoms such as:

  • difficulty sleeping
  • stress
  • struggling to cope with low mood
  • worry
  • anxiety

Beacon Counselling

Beacon Counselling are a local organisation with 22 centres across Stockport. They offer counselling, group programmes and community projects to adults, young people and children experiencing mental and emotional distress.

Stockport Prevention Alliance (Stockport TPA)

The Stockport TPA provide early support if you're vulnerable due to your health, wellbeing or situation.

Stockport and District Mind

Stockport and District Mind are a local, independent adult mental health charity in Stockport. They offer a variety of services to help promote mental wellbeing:

  • social groups
  • drop in session
  • support for carers
  • advice and information

Talk Listen Change

If you're a Stockport Homes customer you can get free counselling provided by students on placement at this relationship charity. To make an enquiry visit the Talk Listen Change website.