Stroke support and advice
Below is a list of organisations and groups for information and support:
- NHS Choices
- the NHS smoking helpline can offer advice and encouragement to help you quit smoking, call 0300 123 1044 or visit NHS Smokefree
- Stroke Association - a charity dedicated to conquering stroke
- Different Strokes - a leading UK charity helping younger stroke survivors.
- Headway - brain injury association if anyone has suffered an injury after a stroke.
- The Expert Patients Programme is a FREE six week course for people living with long term health conditions. The aim of the course is to teach people living with long term health conditions skills to manage and control their condition better
- Healthy Stockport offers free and confidential local support services to help people living or working in Stockport make positive lifestyle changes
- Stockport Stroke Support Group - Stroke Association is a local, friendly support group where members can share their experience of stroke and provide mutual support