Housing and homelessness
There are lots of sources of support and information in Stockport that can help you if you:
- are facing homelessness
- are struggling with damp, cold housing or overcrowding
- have problems with landlords and debt
Practical support for homelessness
Practical support for tenants and homeowners
You can find information on tenant rights, supported and older person’s housing and affordable housing on the Stockport Council website.
You can find guidance around money worries on our money webpage.
There’s always someone to talk to for free:
- over the phone. If you're struggling to cope, or feel overwhelmingly low, Open Door has a mental health helpline. Call 0800 138 7276 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- in person. Open Door also provides a mental health daytime safe haven in the centre of Stockport that you're welcome to visit. Find more information on their opening times
- online. Sign up to Kooth (age 10-25) or Qwell (age 26 and over) to talk to a qualified professional or other people in the community
Support for hoarding
If you or someone around you needs advice around hoarding behaviours, please fill in the form on the Stockport Support Hub website. You can also call 0161 474 1042, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:30pm. If you're deaf, text 0753 946 8560.