Coronavirus is a new illness that affects your lungs and airways. Find all the latest information from the NHS below.
Health at home
Visit the NHS website for information to help you access NHS services online by using your smartphone, tablet or computer. The information includes:
- how to contact your GP and video calls
- how to order repeat prescriptions
If you know someone who needs help to get online or you want to improve your online skills, Stockport Council’s DigiKnow programme may be able to help.
Importance of handwashing and good hygiene
You should wash your hands more often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Watch the NHS video to find out the best way to wash your hands.
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home or in to work
- wash your hands before you eat or handle food
- when you cough or sneeze cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve, not your hands. Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects in your home. For example; door handles and taps
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean